Susan's "subject matter, context and medium...present a coherent artistic vision"
John Torreano, Clinical Professor of Studio Art, NYU

"Great stuff. Love your work."
Seymour Chwast

Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2016

Stranger in a Strange Land






















Dead birds in crocheted dresses.
Sacrificed butterflies entombed forever.
Maggot-infested severed cow heads.
Sharks suspended in formaldehyde.
Soiled dainties in glassine bags.
Nothing.
Nothing at all?

Where am I?
A torture chamber?
Barnum & Bailey's Three Ring Circus?
A House of Horrors?
A nightmare?
Bellevue?
A horror film?
No.
I am on the cutting edge...........

at New York University in a mid-ninety's art program in a graduate school not for the faint of heart. That's what passed for art in those pluralistic times. Only the most resilient of figurative painters got out alive. I did and I hope the other two did also.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you made it out. It would be lonely here w/o you.

    ReplyDelete