Susan's "subject matter, context and medium...present a coherent artistic vision"
John Torreano, Clinical Professor of Studio Art, NYU

"Great stuff. Love your work."
Seymour Chwast

Search This Blog

Monday, June 1, 2020

Tingling Elbows

Susan and Alice's Aura at NSU Art Museum of Ft. Lauderdale, FL.




































THIS IS THE FIRST TIME  I exhibited  my work in a museum. I was invited by NSU Art Museum's director  Bonnie Clearwater when I was a painting student at the museum. She loved and chose Alice's Aura  even though her assistant had selected another painting for the show.  The museum staff told me that Ms. Clearwater labeled me a cross between Frida Kahlo and Alice Neel.

At the time of my exhibit, Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera were showing in the museum's main gallery. You know, your elbows tingle when you are rubbing them against the masters. I hope some of their greatness wore off on me! You can buy my work or prints of it here. My paintings are still cheaper than Kalho's or Neal's, at least until I get a few more museum exhibits under my belt.

Here's a better look at Alice's Aura . She was recently shown in the Treat Gallery, NYC.


Alice's Aura, acrylic on linen, 40 x 30 inches

9 comments:

  1. Susan--You are so talented! I love Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze!
    Your foray into the world of poetry is yet another example of your creative wizardry!✨👏🌹
    I so love your generosity to share morsels of your journey through the world of color, form and boundless imagery. Many thanks for a seat at your banquet of beauty.
    I will always be an adoring friend and fan.
    Let's please talk of a future show for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work never fails to surprise! It is always fresh & brings new insight with each new work; much like people!
    Best
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your poem. And your new painting and the references to aura. How are you? You're so prolific with your work! And that's a wonderful poem again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Would love to see the actual Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made Alice memorable...thanks for sharing and hope we meet one day

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAD TO TELL YOU.................... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT................
    naomee...... (Sandy's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exceptional Susan really exceptional

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete