Susan's "subject matter, context and medium...present a coherent artistic vision"
John Torreano, Clinical Professor of Studio Art, NYU

"Great stuff. Love your work."
Seymour Chwast

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Flawed



There was a hairy caterpillar
crawling on my face.
He tickled me while moving
at an extremely slow pace...
(without, I might add,
the least pretense of grace.)

So, I shot him with a can of mace.
~~~~
Moonlighting as a mustache now,
he stays pretty much in place.
'Tis alarming though and
quite the disgrace...

now that
knickers trimmed with antique lace
can't get me to first base
with men
of the human race.
~~~~
'cause I got a caterpillar on my face.

3 comments:

  1. It will eventually turn into a butterfly and fly away. Ten you will be back in business! I have been looking at your art on FB for yeaars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There must be a cream for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,
    Use with haste
    Caterpillar paste
    If it makes a depression
    Use caterpillar filler.

    ReplyDelete